Y&G Construction Group is a trusted Ajax construction company and is currently in its 19th year of business specializing in both new home construction and home renovations in the Durham Region of Ontario. Because of the expertise of our team, we provide one-stop solutions from concept to design to build.
This is your opportunity to join a construction company with a team that works very well together and has solid organized structures in place. Y&G has an office, showroom and warehouse. You will be part of a growing team and evolving company.
The position of Executive Assistant is to assist the company principal and project manager with overall operational tasks. Examples include but not limited to; answering phone calls, sending and responding to emails, filing, and basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Manage scheduling of activities for company management
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of company and/or executive(s)
- Prepare for meetings with clients and suppliers, including establishing appointments, gathering and organizing of clients documentation and attending to the logistics of the meeting(s)
- Answer phone calls, respond and communicate messages to clients, employees and executive(s)
- Prioritize emails and respond when necessary
- Maintain various company files, records and documents
- Keep the company office and showroom running seamlessly by meeting and greeting clients, and signing for any packages and or deliveries
- Ensure the showroom is presentable at all times
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities and update the accounting system
– Monitor office expenditures and handle all office contacts (rent, services, etc.)
– Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders
- Ensure Invoices to clients are sent in time and
- Ensure all receivables are tracked and reminders are sent at the appropriate time
- Email and call clients reminding them of appointments
Qualifications And Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time-management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Ability to multitask
- Basic understanding of frequently used computer software and programs, such as Microsoft Office
- Quickbooks knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Work schedule is flexible to be discussed.
- Hours are approximately 20-30 hours per week, Monday to Friday
An individual who loves to get their hands dirty and love to make things happen. You have an eye for excellence, accuracy, and understand that your work affects the safety and livelihood of the structures you’re building for. You thrive in physically demanding roles, you have an affinity for using heavy tools, are safety-prone, and appreciate fine workmanship.
The General Carpenter/Laborer’s focus will be primarily on framing, drywall, painting, flooring, rough and finish carpentry.
- Preparatory work including wrap up of building tools and materials;
- Measuring and cutting lumber;
- Cribbing the footings and assembly of the ICF system;
- Pouring of concrete walls and any other structural concrete;
- Framing the roof and any interior walls;
- Preparing the building for finish carpenters take over;
- Participation in the finishing work as required;
- Some residential renovation projects including finish carpentry, trim work, tilework.
Physical & Technical Requirements:
- Ability to perform physical labor such as: lifting and carrying heavy items, ie. wood; rebar and other building materials;
- Ability to work in various weather/climate (most is outdoors);
- Skillfully use carpentry tools, including measuring devices, hand and power saws, and other required equipment;
- Flexibility to work an assortment of shifts and hours;
- Awareness and knowledge of relevant building codes;
- Ability to read blueprints;
- Knowledge of precise measuring techniques and mathematics to ensure all necessary pieces are the required size and properly fit together;
- Must be comfortable working at heights; must have Working at Heights Certification;
- Ability and flexible to with travel throughout Ontario at times;
- Must have own transportation and a valid G driver’s license.
Personal Tools Required:
- Pouch, hand tools, and hard hat;
- CSA Approved Safety Boots(green triangle);
- Must wear Weather appropriate clothing! Being a carpenter means working in extreme weather conditions. Please ensure you are dressed to accommodate various types of weather within a days’ shift;
- Our organization is concerned with safety first for our employees so your schedule may vary based on weather conditions. If a day is missed due to weather shutdown, we frequently give our employees the opportunity to work weekend days as available;
Work Hours And Tour Of Duty:
- Our organization is concerned with safety first for our employees so your schedule may vary based on weather conditions and work program. If a day is missed due to weather shutdown, project rescheduling, material delays, COVID-19, every opportunity to make up the loss hours will be reviewed, however no guarantee can be given to recoup the lost hours.
- On occasion we occasionally have an opportunity to work weekend days, acceptance is on a voluntary basis;
- Y & G Construction values families and for that matter we are a Monday to Friday structured organization. However in emergency situations you may be required to work after hours or on a Saturday and/or a Sunday.